Franchising is one of the fast growing methods of doing business across America. Our lawyers have extensive experience in the negotiation, mediation, arbitration and litigation of franchise disputes involving or between franchisors and franchisees. Recognizing the importance of the franchisor-franchisee relationship, we work hard to resolve any and all disputes short of costly, and damaging, litigation. In the franchise context, if litigation can be avoided, it should be.
But litigation is often necessary, and our lawyers have substantial experience in franchise-related arbitration and litigation. We have successfully handled a wide variety of franchise and distribution disputes, including claims for wrongful termination, breach of contract, tortious interference, fraud and misrepresentation, fraudulent earnings claims, unfair competition, trademark infringement, breach of confidentiality covenant, and breach of non-compete covenants. We help our clients get back to business–and back to growth.
- Successfully represented a major ice cream and dessert franchisor in arbitrations involving franchisees
- Represented a national franchisor of day spas in litigation and arbitration matters
- Successfully defended retail tanning salon against breach of contract and collection claims asserted by alleged franchisor
- Defended a former franchisee accused of stealing its franchisor’s trade dress
- Successfully defended retail tanning franchisee in litigation against franchisor arising from franchise agreement
- Represented franchisee of sandwich shop in litigation arising from purchase of the business from prior owners
- Obtained dismissal of multi-million dollar putative class action claim brought against large Arizona-based franchisee on claim of alleged improper fax advertising
- Defense of hotel owners in Internet defamation claims asserted by hotel membership organization
- Represented a national hotel chain on claims against its franchisees